Saint-Gobain acquires Luigi Fontana & C
In 1910, Saint-Gobain took a majority stake, transforming "Luigi Fontana" into "Società Anonima". The contribution of new substantial capital made it a driving force, making it possible, always under the guidance of Luigi Fontana, to carry out new projects. During the period of the Great War, due to the consequent reduction in glassmaking activity, a production of military flasks was added. New products were launched, still very contemporary, made with avant-garde methods for the time, such as the curvature of large pane; lighting and furniture with a large use of crystal. All supported by massive advertising campaigns.